Are you an expert in a topic relevant to families with tweens and young teens?
Would you like to share a first-person account of your experience?
We are open to articles of all kinds that may resonate with our readers!
⚡️TEEN AND TWEEN WRITERS WELCOME!*
As a brand new start-up site, we cannot pay for content at this time. However, if we accept your article, we are happy to link to your business, book, or product.
Here are a few of the types of stories we are looking for:
- Local family-friendly activities tweens and young teens will actually enjoy
- Round-ups of camps, after school, and vacation day activities
- Resources on cheap and free extracurricular programs
- Volunteering and community service ideas for tweens and young teens
- Expert advice on common issues for families of tweens and teens including:
- Therapy and counseling resources
- School and/or move transitions
- Independence (when are kids old enough to be left home, ride the bus, etc)
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Sex and dating
- Gun violence
- Self-Harm and suicide
- Mental Health including local resources
- Diversity and inclusion
- Education and standardized testing
- Alternative family dynamics (step-families, LGBTQP, etc)
- Technology – phone use, social media, + gaming
- Health and self care (for both parents and kids)
- Advice for parents in the “sandwich generation” and middle age
Send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
*PhillyTweens is not just a place for parenting perspectives, but also for shared work from the viewpoint of tweens and teens themselves. We are happy to accept contributions from kids 8-15. In order to respect the privacy of children who may be sharing personal stories on sensitive subjects, we are also happy to publish pieces anonymously.
Topics which may be of interest for our young writers may include:
- Finding your tribe: discovering an activity, camp, school, or group where you have finally felt accepted for who you are
- How it feels to not get into your school/s of choice
- Why you decided to attend or not attend a certain school
- How it feels to experience a school lockdown
- Experiences with bullying or being bullied
- Experiences with gender, sexuality
- Loss of a friend or family member
- Experiencing changing family dynamics (divorce, remarriage, etc)
- Dealing with a move
- Dealing with drugs or alcohol and peer pressure
- Experiences with racism, sexism, xenophobia, ableism, or homophobia
- Anything else you’d like to share!
Email email@example.com and we will keep all correspondence confidential.