Age of Learning, Inc., the creator of the ABCmouse online learning program used by millions of children ages 2 to 8, has released Adventure Academy, a multiplayer online game for older elementary and middle school age children featuring thousands of learning activities in a fun and safe virtual world.
Available for families on computers, tablets, and smartphones, Adventure Academy “brings learning to life” as it builds critical knowledge of essential curriculum topics in language arts, math, science, social studies, and more.
In developing Adventure Academy, Age of Learning’s curriculum leadership conducted an in-depth review of state, national, and international educational standards, and collaborated with practicing teachers across the country to identify the highest priority curriculum topics that students have the most difficulty with in school. As a result, the Adventure Academy curriculum emphasizes key topics such as reading comprehension, vocabulary development, mathematical operations, fractions, world geography, American history, physical science, life science, earth science, and scientific inquiry.
Adventure Academy includes these key features:
- Thousands of learning activities across hundreds of topics, including curriculum-based games, books, a wide range of other types of reading materials, educational videos, and additional interactive experiences addressing all major academic domains.
- Builds critical knowledge and skills in language arts, math, science, social studies, and more.
- Hundreds of hours of educational interaction and gameplay, with hundreds of additional hours to be added in the near future.
- Learners create avatars to explore an ever-expanding world, complete learning quests to unlock new zones, and interact with other learners.
- The same engaging experience across all platforms—smartphones, tablets, and computers—with the ability for up to three children in the same household to play simultaneously within the same parent account with individual profiles.
- Subscription-based service, fully COPPA compliant with no advertising or in-app purchases.
- Safe social elements that enable players to interact with other learners in-game, including filtered chat functionality. Parents control the level of interaction their children have with other learners through this filtered chat and can block all in-game communication, if desired.
The Adventure Academy app is available through the Apple App Store or Google Play and can also be accessed at www.adventureacademy.com. Families can purchase an annual subscription for less than $5 per month, or a month-to-month subscription for $9.99, both including up to three separate student profiles per household.
Get your first month free here!